MA, GIS for Development & Environment, 2009
Clark Univ. (Massachusetts)
BS, Geographic Science, 2005
James Madison Univ. (Virginia)
Earth Logic LLC. Seattle, WA. 2014 - 2015, and 2018 - present.
- provides custom geospatial planning, analysis, and management solutions for the environmental, natural resource, and international development sectors.
Vulcan Technology / Impact Engineering. Seattle, WA. 2015 - 2018.
- supported conservation technology projects with geospatial data management, analysis, and visualization expertise.
Wildlife Conservation Society - DR Congo program. Epulu, DRC. 2009 - 2013.
- supported field projects with GIS capacity-building, training, spatial analysis, and technical assistance.
- served as WCS’ focal point for Africa Biodiversity Collaborative Group (ABCG) Mining & Biodiversity in DRC collaborative team.
- Led planning and implementation of successful workshop entitled “Mitigating the Impacts from Mining in the DRC” in June 2013, funded by USAID and sponsored by the Ministry of Mines. Identified participants, designed thematic sessions, and managed $50K budget.
USAID Africa Bureau Intern
Central African Regional Program for the Environment (CARPE), USAID Mission to the Democratic Republic of Congo. Kinshasa, DRC. 2008.
- Designed landscape maps for Congo Basin Forest Partnership State of the Forest 2008 publication.
- Contributed to monitoring and evaluation procedures.
NAEVA Geophysics Inc.. Charlottesville, VA. 2006 - 2007
- Managed Access databases, mobile data collection, and provided GIS support for geophysical surveying projects.
- Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS) Conference 2018, Monterey, CA:
- Earth Engine User Summit 2017, Mountain View, CA:
- CUGOS Spring Fling 2017, Seattle, WA:
- presented Vulcan Technology and Open Source Geo.
- SCGIS Conference 2016, Monterey, CA:
- presented Managing large-scale wildlife survey data with GIS, the case of the Great Elephant Census.
- WEDC Conference 2005, Munyonyo, Uganda:
- co-presented A Clean Water Supply Atlas for Bundibugyo District, Uganda with Michael Masso.
desktop GIS / data visualization software
- SMART (Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool) Conservation software
- Mapbox Studio
- MapboxJS / Mapbox GL JS
- PostGIS (PostgreSQL)
- GeoPackages / Spatialite (SQLite)
- ArcGIS Enterprise & File Geodatabases
Programming / Scripting
- command line utilities (bash, cmd)
- GDAL / OGR
- Git / GitHub / version control
Open data platforms
- OpenStreetMap editors (JOSM, iD)
- deployment support to Congolese pro-democracy activist network
- OpenDataKit (ODK) Collect
- GitHub pages
- HTML / CSS
- conversant in French
- basic Swahili
- United States: northeast, mid-Atlantic, southeast, Pacific northwest
- central Africa (DR Congo, Congo)
- east Africa (Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya)